Friday, February 11, 2011

MEET MISS MAYBELLE

I'm here to introduce an exciting addition to my studio? I am so excited about Miss Maybelle, my new, old 1948 singer featherweight. She is a birthday present from my Favorite Guy.

Last week we were browsing around Old Lucketts Store and in a little room on the third floor, there she was---waiting, along with her attachments and little black case, newly refurbished in all her glory. It was love at first sight. David said "lets get it". My lips said "no", but apparently my eyes said "Okay". Sadly, we walked out of the store that day, leaving Maybelle behind . But two days later, David drove all the way back to Lucketts, before he went to work, and brought her home. And let me tell you, I'm so glad he did!
She runs beautifully and I have been happy as can be, sewing goodies when I have a free minute---or free hour.
No need to worry about Miss Bessy Pearl. She is still loved, is still living in the studio and is still stitching up a storm. Both machines have their personalities, each running a little different. Just like my kids!

I look forward to the many years of creating with Miss Maybelle---she is the perfect "accessory" for Posies On Parade!

4 comments:

Shelley in SC said...

Mmmm, just love this. She is gorgeous!

Nancy Lee said...

Your blog is lovely, as is your new Miss Maybelle. I am acquainted with another grand dame known as Bella. She is beloved in the studio of a friend. Bella is a smooth operator (in the best sense of the words).
So lovely to have these divas still willing to work with modern gals!

Anonymous said...

Miss Maybelle is awesome! What a great gift from a great guy! Hope you have many hours of sewing fun!
Love,
Mom xoxo

Jezie of Stars said...

Thanks, great post