Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GOODIES

Happy Wednesday to everyone.
To our surprise we woke up to a snow storm and the kids are home. No school!!! So we plan on a cozy day at home making cookies, reading , watching a movie, and for me, a day of crocheting.

Before I serve up hot chocolate, I wanted to share with you, the goodies I found on our recent trip to NYC. David and I did a "couples" trip with my sweet friend and her husband.
We spent the weekend exploring SoHo. I loved everything about it and can't wait to go back. My most favorite place, besides all the food stops, was Purl Soho. It is definitely a Kelli store. It's full of beautiful fabrics, yummy yarns, stitching supplies, felts and so much more. If you are ever visit NYC you'll have to check it out.

Just look at that tray of goodness. Isn't it delicious? I have scarves planned and lots of stitching to do with my new threads.
I love the yarn you see in the photo below. I found it when we stopped in for a second time, just before it was time to catch the train home. It is thick and full of little bits of sparkel, threads and tiny flowers.

I love it! I think it will become a pillow! I can't wait to dig into that!

Have a beautiful day my friends.



**A quick side note---I just realized that you can click on the photos and see it bigger. The yarn looks great! Try it!
I've tried before but it never worked. It does now! How did that happen?

3 comments:

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Completely jealous ;-)
Of your snow day (they are the absolute best for catching up on crochet), of your NYC extravaganze, and the most amazing yarns I have seen in quite some time. Tiny flowers? How awesome! Cannot wait to see the pillow you make!!! =)

June said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Kelli. And it LOOKS like you had a wonderful trip too! You will be whipping up some beautiful things with that stash. I can't wait to see.
hugs

Shelley in SC said...

This yarn is simply delicious! Can't wait to see what you make out of it. I LOVE Purl Soho. Even though I only hang out there online! I'm enjoying your beautiful blog!