Sunday, November 21, 2010

IT HAS BEEN AWHILE

Hello everyone, I haven't been a very good blogger lately and for that, I'm truly sorry.
I do have good reasons though. I've been busy busy busy, making these cute little egg cosies for our Thanksgiving morning breakfast while we are...

here. (can't wait!)

I also have been working on this little project. An Advent calendar which of course needs to be done by the first of December. I'm finished with number 13. Only 12 more to go!

Sitting on my desk, is this little project. I cannot wait to start this beautiful necklace from here.

In my living room I have this wooden carrier full of yarn so I can crochet while I watch TV.
If I'm not doing something with my hands at night, when I curl up on the couch, I will fall asleep immediately. (even if it is only 8:30pm)
Along side the yarn, you will see a glimpse of a couple wool hats I have made for myself. Sorry to say, I am not brave enough to actually model them on my head for you to see.

In the studio, these little Petunias are waiting to be finished and added to the shop for the holidays.
I'm also experimenting with the idea of adding houses to the shop, similar to these.
They are my first attempt. I think I have some work to do. Lots of ideas floating around in my head.
And one last little tidbit before I go...
Have a look at this beauty from 1926!
She has a story all her own, which will have to wait for another time. Besides, she needs a proper introduction, as soon as I name her and get her running smoothly.
But until then, I have many things on my to do list to get ready for our Thanksgiving holiday at the beach!
I'll be back soon!








5 comments:

Denise Mulligan said...

Everything is so cute. The colors in the Advent calendar are so pretty. I also love the Petunia's and the houses. Happy Beachy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for my beautiful, talented daughter...and all my family! Everything is so awesome you are making!!! And...the Singer is just like your Great Grandmother's...same vintage! Lizzie??? :)
Love,
Mom

Farah said...

Hello its my visit to your blog and I am to found you... first of all I love your blog header, so cute and accurate with the crafts.. very lovely. And really waiting for the end result of your Advent Calender...
Oh you vintage sewing machine... My mother has one of my grandmother exactly same... love to see it
I would love if you come and enjoy the fragrance of sweet potpourri heart at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Journal Swag said...

OH my goodness, do I -EVER- love your advent "parts"! Just gorgeous!

Sheilaicat

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

These houses are darling! Your Advent calendar must be a lovely one. xx